This is the third of a three-part series of reporting on three plenary presentations aiming…
The objective of the 2016 Science Forum is to rethink the pathways for agricultural research to stimulate inclusive development of rural economies in an era of climate change. The Forum will marshal evidence and build on lessons learned to date, to suggest an updated list of priority research areas and approaches which involve more strategic and inclusive engagement with partners.
Experience how amazing and easy it is to download YouTube video with just a click of button. tubemate apk free download. Music is something we all like to enjoy and to enjoy more you should definitely have Music Paradise Pro Apk.
LEARNING FROM EXPERIENCE
Day 1 will focus on learning from experience – what does the evidence tell us about which pathways have worked and how has the challenge changed? What are the pathways that link agricultural research and poverty reduction?
See the full schedule for Day 1 here.
Day 2 will delve into the regional context – exploring the main pathways from agricultural research to poverty in five regions and then exploring in more depth one driver common to each of the three continents.
See the full schedule for Day 2 here.
SYNTHESIS AND WAY FORWARD
Day 3 will be forward-looking – synthesizing information from the first two days of the Forum and identifying key topics/pathways within the overall context that merit further discussion.
See the full schedule for Day 3 here.
There will be opportunities for post-SF16 field visits on 15 April 2016. Participants will have the option of choosing one trip from the following five:
- East Shoa direction. Focus on livelihood opportunities with livestock, irrigation and trees.
- Debre Berhan direction. Focus on sustainable intensification, fruit, livestock, small-scale irrigation, dry season animal feeding, integrated watershed management.
- Holetta direction. Focus on root crops and potato value chains.
- Debre Zeit direction. Focus on livelihood and field and staple crops – post-harvest, farmer group collective production/value addition and marketing, seed and input systems, and Debre Zeit research station.
- Addis Ababa and region. Focus on public-private actors and partnerships, Ethiopia Biodiversity Institute, Menagesha Biotech Industry, AKF feed processing company.
See the full schedule for the field visits here.